Why We Give
Artist Vincent Van Gogh once said “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” We at Clay Humane believe that each step we take in the care of the animals of our community brings us closer to a mission we committed to long ago: the relief of suffering among all animals.
As we enter our 40th year, we look back at all we have accomplished. Clay Humane has served as a voice for the animals through campaigns in our communities and schools aimed at fostering humane attitudes toward all living creatures. Since its inception, The Society has sterilized more than 98,000 animals, including 21,000 cats via our free cat sterilization program. Through the years, hundreds of orphaned or injured wildlife species have also been rehabilitated and successfully returned to their native habitats with the hope of preserving nature for the generations that follow. And with only smiles as payment, groups of dedicated volunteers visit seniors in nursing homes and lend crucial assistance to disabled and disadvantaged persons with pets.
But thousands more need our help.
We hope that you will consider becoming a generous supporter of our programs that help so many animals in need - domesticated and wild, owned and feral, well and injured. Your kind gift enables us to reach more animals….to prevent more suffering and needless deaths. People like you, who value the unconditional love and companionship that only a pet can bring, count on us to help protect that special bond. Every cent you contribute to CCHS this holiday season will go to support our many worthwhile programs and the vital services that they provide to our community. Every gift helps spay or neuter a cat, preventing the unwanted birth of hundreds of cats who contribute to overcrowded shelters and high euthanasia rates. Each gift may sponsor a bird of prey’s medical care and diet while rehabilitating to return to the wild. Each donation can make emergency surgery and life-saving measures possible for an abused, critically injured dog. Your donation could equip our disaster response team to assist during fires, floods, and evacuations. Every penny counts.
There are many ways you can continue to support Clay Humane as we head into our most exciting and ambitious year ever:
TOO BUSY TO SHOP? NO PROBLEM!
- Send a Holiday card from Clay Humane. Make a tax-deductible online (or mail in!) monetary gift in honor of your loved ones to send holiday cheer and let them know lives have been saved in their honor.
- Make your mark on our “Building a More Humane Future” plaque! With a minimum donation of $500, you can honor an individual or a beloved pet in our permanent collection engraved with a name.
- Sponsor a Clay Humane program. All donations of $1,500 or greater will help sponsor a program of your choosing including Wildlife Rehabilitation, Pet Assisted Therapy, and Humane Education, to name a few.
- Choose Clay Humane as your charity of choice when shopping Amazon Smile this holiday season! Where else can your purchases save lives? Download our wish list now. It has been specifically created with our high priority needs in mind! Remember - you shop, Amazon gives! Purchase gifts from Amazon to help the animals by using smile.amazon.com. We have also created a wish list on Amazon too!
- Donate to the future! Consider a recurring monthly gift that spreads cheer all year long! Contact us to find our how.
- Leave your mark on Clay Humane with a gift to our permanent endowment fund. Your gift will be a lasting contribution that assures a better future for the thousands of homeless, neglected, or forgotten animals that need our help in the community. Contact us to build a humane future.
- Adopt, foster, volunteer, and most importantly, spay and neuter!
We thank you on behalf of the thousands of people whose pets we help each year with the gift of preventative, wellness, and life-saving veterinary care with YOUR help. These people and their beloved pets rely on Clay Humane as their only source of vital veterinary care. The holiday season is a time to remember the many special friends who cared and shared, not just with much needed contributions, but also with their hearts. We wish you peace during the coming holidays and all year through.